Basics On Theme Customization?

I’m trying to figure out how to customize basic “settings” of a ghost theme. You can see my blog here -

https://blog.chrisrem.us/

In this case, I’d like to customize the contact icons and description paragraph. The latter is a combination of my description and the description pre-populated by the blog.

I’m guessing I need to edit source files. Any pointers to get me rolling would be greatly appreciated!

Hey, I see you got no replies here. I’m not a coder but I was able to make these kinds of adjustments pretty easily. If you’re careful, you can open up a themes source files in a plain text editor (I use BBEdit) and have at it. I don’t suggest this for making any big changes but it’s pretty easy to search for and edit text this way.

Changing icons may be trickier, depending on what you want to do, but if you can locate the icon source images it should be fairly easy to change them. Just make sure the names stay the same.

Obviously, always keep multiple levels of backups of anything you modify so you can revert if something goes wrong.

One nice thing that Ghost did for me: when I screwed up the code badly enough, I was unable to implement it. Ghost gave an error message when trying to install that said, “the code in this theme has errors.”