Bulk Actions for Posts in Admin

I’m noticing as I write more stuff and publish more. It is getting difficult to manage actions on my posts from the admin panel.

Eg. If I want to unpublish all posts from a certain tag, all I can do is filter them by tag. And then open all posts individually and unpublish them.

Would love to see a feature like Wordpress where we can bulk delete, edit, publish, unpublish posts from the admin panel in the upcoming releases of Ghost.

I’ve asked for this as well a while ago as it would help with managing content with the admin.

2 Likes

Still there is no any checkbox for bulk processes in admin panel. For example I can’t remove 10 posts by select them. Currently I have to enter to edit post panel to remove post. This is not sustainable and easy way. I hope this problem will be resolved in near future.

3 Likes

better post management. I have 80 posts in one of my ghost sites and manually clicking each post, clicking the menu, and unpublishing 50 times is a headache.

3 Likes

Same for me here, i’m my case, i exported a wordpress and i have a about 100 users account that i would like to delete, but one by one is a bit of a pain.

Same for the authorship, i would like to change the author of all of them but doing it one by one is annoying.

2 Likes

I am not an expert here but you may be able to do that via your database if you have phpmyadmin or are able to connect and write queries.

I think this is not good solution for end users.

Of course, what i suggested is only a workaround until there is something for this in ghost itself.

1 Like

I recently migrated over 400 posts to Ghost from Maven. There are another 600 posts remaining as well as a live archive with over 1000 more – my community was initially started in 2008 and the migration path would make a Zensunni wanderer weap – Ning, Jamroom, Maven, to Ghost.

I have to use WP as the gateway between the source sites’ .XML output and Ghost and I can tell you the details required to make the initial 400+ story migration work would have been impossible in the existing Ghost admin interface.

Search (and this is after REGEX cleanup of the XML), filtering, and bulk actions made it possible. I truly miss those capabilities in Ghost – as well as some of the other UI/UX suggestions to the admin interface made in this thread.

5 Likes

Agreed, would be very useful to have this option.

Maybe with the API we could build a simple system in top of it ?

1 Like

I have about 800 posts that will be merged into Ghost and working with the system as it is now is, simply put, not user friendly whatsoever. @Kevin is there a fix or update coming soon for this? As you can see, we “all” need the same.

Bulk admin options would be great to see someday, I agree. I also think it’d be nice to sort posts more. Even after having 100+ posts it becomes a bit of a mess with multiple authors.

It’d be nice to have a few more categories (or custom categories) than published, draft, and unpublished. I’m thinking: in progress, ready for publishing, needs edit. Probably better ideas out there, but I just think someway of being more ogranized would help

2 Likes

Yep, exactly. We need that and more. Ghost is such an amazing platform (I learn new things all the time using it), but it is lacking fundamental options for editors and admins - things like this.

2 Likes

Definitely. The admin side is lacking a number of features, but bulk actions on posts is one of the most frustrating. Being able to select a collection of posts and tag them all at once, for instance, would have been VERY helpful after I moved my multi-year Wordpress news site to Ghost. Opening hundreds of posts just to unpublish them until I could check them out was multiple hours I’ll never get back. Love the platform, but hoping some of these things get added.

2 Likes

If anyone still needs this, I’ve written a (paid) add-on that does what’s being requested. :)

3 Likes

I think it’s important to have a bulk edit/modify/delete admin feature that doesn’t require API usage. I should be able to select checkboxes on multiple posts, and delete or modify them all at once. That I have to to go into each post individually is a real productivity drag.

1 Like

Was just looking for this. Having to delete each article individually is time-consuming.

This has now been shipped!

2 Likes