Can't get multiple blogs on a single droplet

I’m not techy at all, but I’ve gotten this far. I followed this tutorial since I couldn’t get it to work with the tutorial on DigitalOcean. I get through each step fine until the end when starting up Ghost then I get an error.

Command: ‘ghost setup’
Message: ER_NOT_SUPPORTED_AUTH_MODE: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

My first (few) times going through this tutorial I would get the following error:

Enter your blog URL: http://xxxxx.com
? Enter your MySQL hostname: localhost
? Enter your MySQL username: root
? Enter your MySQL password: [hidden]
? Enter your Ghost database name: xxxxx_com_prod
:heavy_check_mark: Configuring Ghost
:heavy_check_mark: Setting up instance

• sudo chown -R ghost:ghost /var/www/xxxxx.com/content
    :heavy_check_mark: Setting up “ghost” system user
    ? Do you wish to set up “ghost” mysql user? Yes
    :heavy_multiplication_x: Setting up “ghost” mysql user
    A CliError occurred.

Help: You can run ghost config to re-enter the correct credentials. Alternatively you can run ghost setup again.

So I would say no to setting up a “ghost” mysql user and I would get through it fine until starting up Ghost. I don’t know what any of this means, I’m just trying to run 2 blogs :joy:

Why would you choose no to ghost mysql user? That would only happen if you already have a mysql user and you use those credentials to connect to the db server. So most probably that’s the error you’re encountering. Either let ghost configure mysql or use your existing credentials.

I tried again with the ghost mysql user and I got
Message: ER_DBACCESS_DENIED_ERROR: Access denied for user 'ghost'@'localhost' to database 'xxx_com_prod'

Your best bet is to run a ghost uninstall and try to reinstall afterwards following the recommended steps.