Can't install ghost in the project

I’ve tried to install ghost both local and normal on a project from scratch and then also from there: git://github.com/TryGhost/Ghost.git

In both cases I had the same error:
A SystemError occurred.

Message: Current directory is not empty, Ghost cannot be installed here.

Debug Information:
Node Version: v10.15.1
Ghost-CLI Version: 1.9.9
Environment: production
Command: ‘ghost install local’

Does anyone have a solution for this? Or something…

Thank you!

0 Likes

Hey @tania :wave:

It looks like your current directory is not empty! Can you run ls -al to check that there are no files or folders?

0 Likes

Hey,
Started another project from scratch.
Still same pb, even though I have 0 files in total.

Also does that mean that if you have a project that is already started and later you want to add Ghost CMS you can’t?

0 Likes

You generally don’t want to put data in the ghost installation directory. There’s many ways you can set up your Ghost environment for theme development.

The one I use involves a directory for the theme contents, and a subdirectory specifically for ghost. I then use a symlink to map the built theme’s directory (since my themes have a build process) to instance/content/themes/theme-name

Another common choice is to create the theme in content/themes/theme-name and work from there.

Looking at the output of ls -al, there’s a .idea directory which isn’t permitted. You can install ghost in a subdirectory with the -d flag (e.g. ghost install local -d instance)

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

0 Likes

closed #5

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes