Change copyright information in Casper?

For the past few days, I’ve been editing my Ghost website, including the theme, to make it mine, so to speak. But I haven’t been able to get past this small, but rather significant, issue concerning Casper, Ghost’s default theme, and it’s copyright information in the footer.

On Casper, the footer includes automatically-generated copyright information, which is great, but it’s formatted incorrectly if you look closely. (It’s widely known that the copyright symbol should always be formatted before the name of the blog or, in the cases of larger media companies, the company that publishes the blog.) For example:

1. The New York Times, the largest and most important newspaper in the world, formats their copyright information in their footer correctly, by formatting it: “© 2019 The New York Times Company.”
  2. The Washington Post, another example, shows the same formatting, but also includes the years its blog has been online or, simply, copyrighted online: “© 1996-2019 The Washington Post.”

In simpler terms, I’d like to change the formatting of the copyright information found in the footer of my website. But, really, this should be something that the team behind Casper corrects, as it’s a bug and is incorrect.

You have to edit directly in projectroot/content/themes/casper/default.hbs in the theme as far as I know.

Current:

<section class="copyright"><a href="{{@site.url}}">{{@site.title}}</a> &copy; {{date format="YYYY"}}</section>

There you can change it as you want.

Hi Fred,

Thanks for the response, I appreciate it greatly.

I’m not the best with coding and, if I’m honest, the above code is fairly complicated.

I’ll see if Ghost(Pro) support could help me out with formatting of the code.

Thanks again.

Viktor

Try to locate the file and line (maybe do CTRL+F). Then replace it with this line.
Note that you need to download your theme, then edit it, then reupload it.

<section class="copyright">&copy; 2019-{{date format="YYYY"}} <a href="{{@site.url}}">{{@site.title}}</a> </section>

Thanks so much for the help, @MLFromScratch. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.