CommentBox alternative to Disqus

Also using isso. Works well!

@denvergeeks Ok thanks for the reply :- ) Didn’t know about Bones, reminds me of a Swedish series “The Bridge”.

discovering and studying open-source communities

If you’ve written, or will write in the future, anything about this online, it’d be interesting to have a look. (Didn’t find anything via your profile.) — And if you try out Talkyard, feel free to ask any questions you might have, here in the Ghost forums (and mention @KajMagnus), or over at the Talkayard forum.

Can I ask, what are the things you like the most about Isso? What do you think about the installation process / how installing Isso? (Is that easy or does it take a little while, for example?)

I was using commentbox for about five months. I had trouble setting it up and ultimately, hosted the commentbox.js file locally which made it work.

That said, I switched over to commentto this past month because CommentBox can’t be themed/styled and I found that there isn’t a lot of support to move comments from commentBox into other services. So you’re essentially locked in if you have a lot of comments. Those are two big no’s for me. So I’d encourage anything but commentBox.

How can I comment with comment.io ? I get no email when anyone commented on my Blog.

The reason why I switched back to WordPress it was comments. I will wait for the comments system to be implemented in Ghost with beautiful UI. :grin:

My Problem ist solved with commento. The emails are in my Spamfolder.

@Happyfeet01 Can I ask: What’s the sender’s email domain? The part after @... ? You have any idea why they end up in the spam folder? – You use your address as the reply-to address or From address? Or what’s the reply-to and From addresses? (If you have time :- ) )

(Feel free to reply in private if maybe this is a bit off-topic, keeping in mind the title is about CommentBox)

I use my own domain and Emailserver. But from commento.io it comes from commento.io Domain. No time to setup the selfhost Docker Image.
I think with the next comment the email goes directly to the Inbox.

1 Like

No comments recieved anymore… must look for an other solution.

I am using ISSO Comment System - Easy to install and Maintain
Minimal and Less features compare to commento but it’s enough for comment system

another alternative - utterances

Any new information?
In the end it seems that Disqus is always the best at the moment.
Although I personally never liked it.

Hey,

After you install commento, just go to your account dashboard and in settings, change notification to “whenever a new comment is created”.

If you need help installing commento, you can check a tutorial i did:

https://ghostportal.co/commento-tutorial/

Hope it helps

you should! it works like a charm for me. Let me know if you need any help.

I have tested almost all systems, and i think Commento is the best option. Fast, private, customizable and efficient.

it seems to me to be paid Commento Pricing

I have tested almost all systems

In case you tested Talkyard (edit: updated link to the about-blog-comments page), it’d be interesting to hear what maybe didn’t work or you didn’t like about it

Best wishes anyway with the blog. B.t.w. curious about if you use self hosted Commento?

1 Like

Thanks! I’m paying for the service actually.

Honestly, Talkyard is awesome, but it just felt overwhelming to me. If I’m using both things, the comment section and a forum, i would probably go for it without hesitation.

1 Like

Hi Greg, Thanks for the reply :- )
Hmm makes me think that the website is confusing / “complicated”, for people looking for blog comments, but instead might find lots of things about discussion forum features. Good to know

1 Like

i agree! that could be an opportunity. I’m glad to be of help!