Contributing: Docs?

Hey there,
I’m a new-ish Ghost user. I’m currently using Ghost for a personal blog but interested in using Ghost in a more professional capacity.
I am fairly technically oriented and would love to contribute to Ghost. I’ve found that a good entry point to Open Source projects is through the Docs. I noticed that the TryGhost/docs, on Github, was archived in 2019.
I figure this is because the platform is relatively self explanatory, especially with all the content in the default theme. Just wondering if contributing to TryGhost/casper or TryGhost/gatsby-starter-ghost would be a good alternative or maybe building themes to share with the community?
Love to hear thoughts from the core team, especially @Hannah, since she was the last contributor at TryGhost/docs.

Thanks-in-advance

Eric

1 Like

It occurs to me that maybe the docs were renamed or hosted elsewhere but it isn’t clear where they would be.

Hi Eric, our docs are now part of the main Ghost.org website - which is not open source (we tried that, people kept just ripping the whole site and making copies of it) - but you can find our contributing guide here:

2 Likes

Hi @John,

Since the docs are not open source, where should we report outdated documentation? For example, this doc says:

Server Tests
Tests run with SQLite. To use MySQL, prepend commands with NODE_ENV=testing-mysql

yarn test:unit
# Run unit tests

yarn test:acceptance
# Run acceptance tests

yarn test:regression
# Run regression tests

yarn test:single path/to/test.js
# Run a single test

yarn test:single test/unit/helpers
# Run a folder of tests

yarn test:all
# Run all tests

yarn lint
# Make sure your code doesn't suck

But most of these commands don’t work anymore (I think that’s because of the monorepo migration).

(btw, sorry about resurrecting this old topic :slightly_smiling_face:)