Is the documentation open source?

I’m getting acquainted witht the Ghost project as a whole and the admin API in particular, as I work on adding support for Ghost to my Mac blogging app, MarsEdit.

I’m running into some minor documentation tweaks that I would submit as pull requests if the documentation is open source. I see there is a “docs” repository but it’s listed as “archived” and doesn’t seem to match the public docs.ghost.org site.

Is there a way to submit changes? One in particular that stood out to me just now is the documentation claiming that DELETE requests will return a 200 status on success, whereas I confirmed through experience and by reading the code, that it will return a 204 instead.

Daniel

1 Like

In the past, I’ve just submitted issues to hello@ghost.org. The docs used to be open source, but are not anymore

1 Like

Thanks! I think it would be a good idea to open up the docs to an official contribution/collaboration process, but I suppose they had their reasons for taking them offline.

1 Like

Has there been any movement on this? I would love to use Mars Edit

Thanks for the encouragement. I got pretty far on my end before I ran into the unusual format for Ghost posts with respect to the custom non-HTML format. It’s not a deal-breaker but it slowed me down and made me put the effort aside for a bit while I think through how to best handle that.

1 Like

Are you still doing this or have you given up?

It’s still on my list but I sort of lost momentum and some other priorities took the place of working on Ghost support. All hope is not lost - hopefully I’ll get back on it at some point.

Congrats on your new 4.5 release!

Any luck in making progress on the support for Ghost.IO?

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Mark, thanks! Unfortunately I haven’t made any progress recently on Ghost support. I’ll be sure to follow up here when I do.

1 Like

Would love to see Ghost support in MarsEdit. Until then I will use Ulysses, in which it is easy to publish to a Ghost blog. However, Ulysses has no 2-way-sync, so updating published posts or keeping them in sync with local copies is not possible.