Convert pages to posts after v3 upgrade

Hi,
I’ve recently upgrade an old setup from v1 to v3 via the ghostPro account - great automated process. However, when I import all the old json data with settings and posts it has converted over 160 posts into pages and placed them into the new pages area… and not the posts.

Is there any way to convert the pages into posts or do I have to manually adjust the raw json to strip out the page data for each post?

The previous website used to check all posts created that had the old ‘create page’ checkbox selected and a ‘work’ tag - then inserted them onto the index/main page so to keep the content fresh as the client added new posts.

Any ideas folks?!
Cheers.

I’ve been googling for 30 minutes and still can’t figure it out :sweat_smile:

Inside Ghost-Admin, any post can be turned into a page by checking the relevant box at the bottom of the Post Settings Menu. Equally, within the Content API, a page is just a post with a parameter of "page": true .

From what I read, they removed the easy option of “check a box in post settings”, so you have to access the Content API to switch a post to a page (and vice versa).

Problem is, I’m new to this. :joy: Time to google some more to figure out how to access the “content API”

I naively thought Ghost would simplify this side of things. Feels just like troubleshooting in wordpress. I know I shouldn’t be surprised. By trying to simplify the user interface, they make any but the most basic features just as technical as wordpress :joy:

Ended up just copying and pasting the post contents into new pages.

As another user mentioned, changing posts to pages and pages to posts isn’t an often used feature so it does make sense that Ghost decided to remove that tick box.

Sometimes the easiest answer is best. I’ll figure out Content API someday. :wink:

1 Like