CSS only changes when restarting container

• What’s your URL ? https//ghost-dev.kenjibailly.xyz

• What version of Ghost are you using? >=4.0.0

• How was Ghost installed and configured? Docker swarm (docker-stack.yml)

ghost-dev:
    image: ghost
    container_name: ghost-dev
    restart: unless-stopped
    networks: 
      - swag
    volumes:
      - /home/ubuntu/docker/ghost-dev/content:/var/lib/ghost/content
      # - /home/ubuntu/docker/ghost/themes:/var/lib/ghost/current/content/themes/
    ports: 
      - 8133:2368
    environment: 
      url: https://ghost-dev.kenjibailly.xyz
      NODE_ENV: development
      DEBUG: ghost:*,ghost-config node index.js
  • Site viewed from Chrome
  • What errors or information do you see in the console? No Errors
  • What steps could someone else take to reproduce the issue you’re having? Change the CSS file inside the container, ctrl F5 the page, css doesn’t change. Restart container, css changes.

I tried to start the ghost instance myself. But when I do ghost ls, I get “No installed ghost instances found”. While the web page works fine.

Themes are cached so they need to be installed via the admin area or via the API for changes to be picked up when running in production.

For theme development it’s recommended to run Ghost locally - How to install Ghost locally on Mac, PC or Linux - then install the theme in your production instance once it’s ready.

If you use git to keep track of your theme changes then you can use GitHub actions to automatically deploy your theme changes when you push them to GitHub

My docker-compose is running in development when looking at the docs, not in production if I’m not mistaken.

NODE_ENV: development

No idea why but ghost cli in windows is very slow. On my linux machine it goes way faster, which is why I have 2 ghost docker containers running. One for production, the other for development.
Is this not possible? Or do I need to build the entire dockerfile myself as I was building it locally?

I have it run locally in Windows right now and it works on changes, I just want to move my environment to a safe container.

Let me know if that’s possible, thanks for answering btw :slight_smile: