Custom fields for posts

I would also like to extend both the post content type and also the user content type (e.g. add a LinkedIn field on authors). +1 from me for this feature request.

Any updates on this? I have some external content, and It would be great to have a way to define “URL” post types

add this and navigation dropdown and position change

This is a key issue that effects my next site build. If I am hamstrung by the lack of custom fields I won’t be able to complete my site :frowning:

1 Like

the original question(custom fields) are forgotten…=/
I follow this from github to here, to find nothing

In moment i think that create a filed to store a json (as mobiledoc) in one migration and use to store adicional properties.

Search can be done indexing api content.

Any update from Ghost team about this topic? It would be very nice to add some basic additional field, for example an url field for linkblog style post. (I tried insert links to the title field, or simple post without title field, but non of them work.
The simplicity of Ghost could make it very very suitable for microblogging (link post types, short post without title, etc.) but it is not applicable without customisable fields for posts :cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat: