Database version is not compatible ghost 1.0.0

Hey all, I’ve just updated my version of ghost and im getting when trying to deploy to heroku. Im using ghost as a npm module, with ClearDB sql plugin. The following is the error message i receive:

“Unhandled rejection DatabaseVersionError: Your database version is not compatible with Ghost 1.0.0”

My older versions work fine with the Mysql version, im not sure why the new one doesnt?

Hey @graemepaul :wave: Did you follow the migrating to 1.0 guide?

Hey as im using it as a npm package its a bit different, I did make sure I have the latest theme version. I created a new heroku app for this version to get it installed, I dont need to migrate any data between versions

How did you create the new database?

There are docs for running Ghost via an npm module, a fair bit changed with 1.0 including how the database is set up / initialised.

I’ve just updated my version of ghost

I dont need to migrate any data between versions

I took the first statement to mean you’d upgraded from Ghost 0.x to Ghost 1.x which means following the migration guide, especially the part regarding the database and needing to export and import rather than laying the upgrade over the top of the old database. Please correct me if I’ve misunderstood :smile:

It was a fresh install, I have 2 apps, both using the same ClearDB plugin. One I have tried to migrate, the other is still there. I followed the docs, this helped

knex-migrator init --mgpath node_modules/ghost

I now have another error,
Error R10 (Boot timeout) -> Web process failed to bind to $PORT within 60 seconds of launch
2018-05-01T17:24:40.950274+00:00 heroku[web.1]: Stopping process with SIGKILL

I figured it out, creating a .profile file with the following sorted it out export server__port=$PORT npm start

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.