I’m curious with all the movement lately towards the mono-repos with all the specialized functionality being extracted out of Ghost, what led to this decision?
I’m debating something similar with a large internal work project and just curious the big reasons that led you to these choices.
For myself I see:
- Each module can be individually tested and stabilized
- Can re-used outside of project
- Difficult to build everything into an individual unit when naturally things on depend on eachother
- Causes main trunk/repo to be just updating package commits
- Puts dependency on a changing ecosystem (workspace vs lerna vs yarn)
- Many more repos to search/find for something