Disappointed beyond words as a Premium Pro Plan user; Update: Not shifting, Ghost User For Life

I wanted to make a simple website wherein I could add people via an excel/ csv import and then divide them into tiers, giving them access to pages and content according to their tiers and keep the signup option off and only the sign-in option open and then have their access discontinued after 12 months. This was a simple enough job to do. I now feel I have made the biggest mistake in my life hosting it on Ghost as a Pro User. The functionality is a joke to put it nicely. Most of the basic things I have to hard code and do injections for and there are some basic issues which would never be solved in Ghost. So, I have paid once in terms of stress, mental bandwidth being taken from me and also my peace of mind and subscription fee and now would have to pay again to another person and eventually have to redesign my entire website outside Ghost before I shift it.

This is my honest review of Ghost.

Update: I am not shifting from Ghost. Sincere Apologies to the Ghost Community.

I have put this on Developer help because I was not a developer. I have learnt code after signing up for Ghost and I now feel most of the things which we have to hard code, should be provided by Ghost. Also, if Ghost is focused on membership and tiers and drip content, it does a ridiculous job at it. I want this honest feedback to goto all developers and testers and community/ forum admins.

I am not ranting about Ghost being bad, I can with data give cases where it is lagging and in a big way. I would rather not and just shift my business elsewhere. I am just being polite in communicating a feedback on why I am shifting rather than giving a data backed long worded post describing inefficiencies with signup, sign-in, memberships, tiers, content access among other things as I do not want to give a wrong communication as I leave Ghost in near future.

I’d have said that this was doable, provided Stripe was linked. There are plenty of things Ghost can’t do, but I don’t think this is one of them ?

Why would I want to enable Stripe for this?
This would mean members are now going to be charged via Ghost (Stripe Gateway).
I do not want this.
So, I again say, Disappointed beyond words as a Premium Pro Plan user.

My simple question is, if Ghost has given an option of no signup and selecting who accesses the website by contacting owner, then why cannot Ghost an option of Tier system also for the selected who can signup users?

shrugs suit yourself. Sounds like you’ve decided you’re leaving and you aren’t interested in the suggested solution (tiers require a Stripe linkage even if you aren’t using it), so I’ll go ahead and turn my notifications off on this post.

Have a nice weekend!

3 Likes

You were right Cathy,
Thank you and sincere apologies.
There are multiple limitations of what I can do in Ghost.
This website is my only source of revenue now and I am not from the development background. I had setup the business and recently got 100 users onboard Ghost. This change if I had to make would have gotten me to to rework everything.
I apologies to the Ghost community, Ghost forum and Forum moderators for the above posts.

Rgds,
Ayush

1 Like