Email account for custom domain

Hi

I am not a Ghost user yet, and I am looking at this platform for my new project. If I understand correctly if I am on Ghost Pro plan all hosting-related things will be taken care of by Ghost.

But how about an email account? If using a custom domain and I want to create an email account for the project - how is it doable with Ghost? As I understand I won’t have a cPanel for that …

What would be the simplest solution here?

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Hi @Special_K, that’s correct, Ghost(Pro) doesn’t include cPanel, email, etc as it’s fully managed. There’s a dashboard for you to manage billing and custom domains as well as the Ghost blog dashboard.

Do you already have a domain? If so, you can use Fastmail for email ($USD50/ user/ year). It’s privacy-focused, comes with email, calendar, contacts, and a basic notes and files interface.

The standard plan allows you to add a custom domain and many aliases for your main account. If needed, you can set up as many users as you like, which you can manage as the domain administrator. You can use my referral code for a 10% discount on your first year if you like.

https://ref.fm/u13830501

Another option is Google GSuite, which starts at $USD6/ user/ month. There’s a lot more bells and whistles, if you need them.

If you don’t have a domain, Gandi and Hover are good registrars.

1 Like

Hi

Yes, I have a domain and actually my website is already live. Thank you for the referral link, I tried to set up my project email with Fastmail. Which I was not able to accomplish… my website is registered with Godaddy, and connected to Ghost via Cloudflare - with all that mix of DNS settings I was not able to set it up what needed to link it to Fastmail

I don’t understand, all Ghost users are struggling with such a simple procedure to add an email account for the project? Something cPanel like?

2 Likes