Email design / Newsletter

Hi :slight_smile:

I have just set up “members”, but I have some problems with this button here

When I click on the bottom, nothing happens!

And then a small question.

How does the newsletter work? Did ghost sent out automatic send out emails when a new post is online? Or did it sent at an interval - maybe any 1-2 weeks?

I need some more help to understand it.

Regards

Thomas

Say if you need more info

You’re not the only one! That button used to work fine for me, but as of 3.39.0 (possibly earlier) I also noticed it had become inoperative.

Hi :slight_smile:

Sorry for the late reply :)

If it’s not only me… There must be a fix on the way from the coders… (I hope)

Maybe you can tell me how the newsletter work? Did ghost sent out automatic send out emails when a new post is online? Or did it sent at an interval - maybe any 1-2 weeks?

Or how does it work?

// Thomas

1 Like

Well I thought it was just one of my instances that was having problems, as another instance I have (also on 3.39.0) works just fine. I was going to just wait until the next release and see if the problem resolved itself upon updating, but seeing how you’ve mentioned it I’ll wait to see if anybody from the Ghost team responds here on the forum and if not I’ll raise an issue on GitHub tomorrow.

If you’ve got everything set up (Mailgun, etc.) then in its most basic configuration Ghost will send out an email with every post you publish. You can read about that here:

There’s also some new functionality that was recently added which you can read about here:

I have this problem as well. I thought it would get resolved in 3.39.0, but it hasn’t yet.

Hey all! :wave: We’ve just released 3.39.3 with the fix for this, so please update using Ghost-CLI.

Thanks to @Stromfeldt for opening the GitHub issue! Sometimes these bugs get lost amongst all the forum posts but opening an issue is definitely the best thing to do here. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes