How can I send mails when I publish a post?

• What’s your URL? blog.omarja.com
  • What version of Ghost are you using? 3.0
  • What configuration? I installed ghost in a Digital Ocean droplet with Mailgun for SMTP

Currently, I have my zapier configured to tweet each time I publish a new post. Mails work perfectly. But I wanted to know how can I email my members each time I publish a new post directly to their email.

How can I achieve that?

I don’t know if Ghost can natively do this or not…

But you can easily do this with the same Zapier integration, or even simply pass your site’s main RSS feed directly to your email marketing provider (most of them have native RSS to Email feature).

1 Like

What?

Thank you very much! I used zapier to send an email each time RSS changes. But I had to “hard code” the emails. Is there anyway to take them programmatically from ghost members or from mailgun members?

Is there anyway to take them programmatically from ghost members or from mailgun members?

Yes, you can use Zapier to trigger Mailgun to send an email when you publish a new post or page on your Ghost website. Other Ghost triggers and Mailgun actions are possible (eg add subscriber to Mailgun mailing list when new member created on Ghost website). See this Ghost/Mailgun zap:

And zaps for other providers (MailChimp, MailerLite, SendGrid, etc)