Error sending email!

Hello when I am trying to add a new author or a person via ghost dashboard I am getting the following error message :
“Error sending email! Error sending email: Failed to send email. Reason: Can’t send mail - all recipients were rejected. Please check your email settings and resend the invitation.”

Can someone suggest me, how do I fix this error?

Checking your email settings might be a good place to start :smile:. You can check these in the Ghost Admin under Labs as well as the install configuration set in your config file:

Hi, I have the very same issue, getting just different errors. Already tried combinations of everything that can be configured. Using mailgun and basically cannot get my transactional emails to work.

Errors

{"name":"Log","hostname":"evblog","pid":2030,"level":40,"version":"5.79.0","msg":"Error sending email: Failed to send email. Reason: C0670D0FF87F0000:error:0A00010B:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version nu>
"mail": {
    "transport": "SMTP",
    "options": {
      "service": "Mailgun",
      "host": "smtp.eu.mailgun.org",
      "port": 578,
      "secureConnection": true,
      "auth": {
        "user": "postmaster@mydomain.com",
        "pass": "*******"
      }
    }
  },

This is my setup, but cannot get through.

The port should be 587. I’m not sure that’s the error, but try updating that first.

Oh, right. I did try so many combinations of so many different ports and settings that I mistyped the port. Still does not work, now I get this error:

{"name":"Log","hostname":"evblog","pid":4428,"level":40,"version":"5.79.0","msg":"Missing mail.from config, falling back to a generated em>
{"name":"Log","hostname":"evblog","pid":4428,"level":40,"version":"5.79.0","msg":"Missing mail.from config, falling back to a generated em>
{"name":"Log","hostname":"evblog","pid":4428,"level":40,"version":"5.79.0","msg":"Error sending email: Failed to send email. Reason: C0B7D>```

The errors are cut off – can you post the full error log, since that contains the important information?

2 Likes

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I’m new to this, not a developer. After some time I was able to get the full error message and found the issue:

Error sending email: Failed to send email. Reason: Data command failed: 421 Domain mg.evblog.cz is not allowed to send: Free accounts are for test purposes only. Please upgrade or add the address to authorized recipients in Account Settings.. Please check your email settings and resend the invitation.```

Fun fact. The newsletter using the Mailgun API key works properly, but for SMTP you need paid account.
2 Likes