ES modules is not supported from Edition theme

I’m using a theme ‘Edition’ and I want to customize it for my blog.
I submitted ‘yarn dev’ on command line.
I saw this error message.

Error [ERR_REQUIRE_ESM]: Must use import to load ES Module: /Users/myname/myproeject/ghost-blog/content/themes/edition/node_modules/beeper/index.js
require() of ES modules is not supported.
require() of /Users/myname/myproject/ghost-blog/content/themes/edition/node_modules/beeper/index.js from /Users/myname/myproject/ghost-blog/content/themes/edition/gulpfile.js is an ES module file as it is a .js file whose nearest parent package.json contains “type”: “module” which defines all .js files in that package scope as ES modules.
Instead rename index.js to end in .cjs, change the requiring code to use import(), or remove “type”: “module” from /Users/myname/myproject/ghost-blog/content/themes/edition/node_modules/beeper/package.json.

I tried to remove “type”: “module” from /Users/myname/myproject/ghost-blog/content/themes/edition/node_modules/beeper/package.json. But It was not working.

How can I resolve this? If you know this, please let me know that. Thanks.

Hey @jongjin_choi, this was fixed in this commit. Download the latest version of the theme, and you’ll be able to run yarn dev.

Thanks, @minimaluminium. I downloaded the latest version for the Edition theme.
I have a question. I ran yarn dev. I attached a screenshot file.

CleanShot 2021-05-06 at 16.08.02

I was waiting for maybe 30 mins. But it’s going anymore. I don’t know if it’s an error or not.
If you know about this issue, please let me know that. Thanks.

It’s not an error :slight_smile: When you run yarn dev, the development workflow builds the assets (css, js), starts a live reload server, and finally starts a watcher event to listen for any future changes. When you update any hbs, css or js files, the watcher will apply the changes automatically.

If you want to stop it, press CTRL+C