NodeJs, yarn & gulp

Update 2:

Got it. “yarn dev”, and “yarn zip”. It’s really easy once you know the commands :)

Update 1:

Running “yarn upgrade” after “yarn install” fixed the problem I’ve had on Archlinux. Now, since I’m really completely new to it, how do I change the theme? I know how to adjust the CSS files, but what’s necessary to create a map file form it and then release the theme as zip?

Original post:

Hi there,

I currently try to edit the WorldCasper2 theme (just a few smaller changes), but I doesn’t seem NodeJs and everything depending on it works as it should.

I’ve got two machines, one running with an up to date Archlinux, and another one with Ubuntu 18.04 LTS installed. Both machines have nodejs, yarn and gulp installed globablly. Unfortunately, on neither of those machines the tools work.

On Archlinux, this is the error I get:

[WorldCasper2]$ yarn install
yarn install v1.13.0
[1/5] Validating package.json...
warning casper@2.7.0: The engine "ghost" appears to be invalid.
[2/5] Resolving packages...
[3/5] Fetching packages...
info fsevents@1.1.3: The platform "linux" is incompatible with this module.
info "fsevents@1.1.3" is an optional dependency and failed compatibility check. Excluding it from installation.
[4/5] Linking dependencies...
[5/5] Building fresh packages...
Done in 6.21s.
[WorldCasper2]$ yarn dev
yarn run v1.13.0
$ gulp
fs.js:25
'use strict';
^

ReferenceError: internalBinding is not defined
    at fs.js:25:1
    at req_ (/home/me/Desktop/WorldCasper2/node_modules/natives/index.js:137:5)
    at Object.req [as require] (/home/me/Desktop/WorldCasper2/node_modules/natives/index.js:54:10)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/home/me/Desktop/WorldCasper2/node_modules/vinyl-fs/node_modules/graceful-fs/fs.js:1:99)
    at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:734:30)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:745:10)
    at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:626:32)
    at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:566:12)
    at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:558:3)
    at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:663:17)
error Command failed with exit code 1.
info Visit https://yarnpkg.com/en/docs/cli/run for documentation about this command.
[WorldCasper2]$

On Ubuntu this is the error I get:

~/WorldCasper2$ yarn install
00h00m00s 0/0: : ERROR: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'install'

Any idea on how to resolve this? Preferably on Archlinux, since this is my main system? I’m completely new to NodeJs, maybe it’s just some basic error which can easily be resolved.