Fail email post mailgun won't let me try send email of post again when re-publishing post

1: Is it necessary to have SMTP Mailgun configuration to send a email to all members when publishing a post?
1.1: I want to keep my sendinblue SMTP config while using Mail gun for doing membership post/ newsletter stuff. Is this possible?

2: I tried to send an email to all members when publishing a post with a faulty mailgun SMTP configp.production.json confiuration. Now ghost UI wont give me the option to send email again when un-publishing and re-publishing.

screenshots:

• What’s your URL? This is the easiest way for others to debug your issue
    thatswoke.com
  • What version of Ghost are you using?
    Ghost-CLI version: 1.13.1
    Ghost version: 3.11.0 (at /var/www/ghost)
  • What configuration?
    ghost latest
  • What browser?
    chrome
  • What errors or information do you see in the console?
  • What steps could someone else take to reproduce the issue you’re having?

Hey @alemac852,

We highly recommend using Mailgun for members. You can find out more about setting up your site with it here:

When you make changes to your configuration make sure to run ghost restart to apply those changes.

Could you make sure the configuration is right and giving it a restart? After that try publishing something to members :+1:

Thanks David! Yep mail gun is correctly configured now. My question is:

The option to send an email of the “post” isn’t there anymore when trying to re-publish a post.

How do I undo the “sent by mail” icon on a post so I can re-send the email of a post that is being re-published?

As you can see on the “20 strict rules bachelor” post there is no option to send the email again because it was already use once when I was testing the feature. Where as on other posts where the feature isn’t used it is still available

That does seem odd. It might be wise to update to the latest version of Ghost to eliminate any bugs :+1:

I configured Mailgun, but I don’t like that it is “pay as you go”, as if my site is attacked, i will billed with the fake sign-up mails that could be sent from the sign-up form.

I have set up Mailgun, and It works. But I want to change to Mailjet, as it does not require a credit card and is GDPR compliant.

I understand that I could erase the Mailgun data from the ghost panel, and change the smtp at the config file and all mail system including member sign-up/sign-in should work?

Hi David,

Thanks for your comment. I updated to the latest version v3.17.1 however the problem still persists. Any ideas on how to fix this?

@DavidDarnes just following up on this. Any way to resend a post via email once published?

Are you still not able to resend the email after changing the post to unpublished? I’ve just tested this flow myself on v3.17.1 and I’m given the option to resend the post.