Faro — a docs & help center theme for Ghost, with hierarchy and manual order

Hi everyone! A few weeks ago I shared Vanta here. Today I’d like to show Faro, a theme for help centers, knowledge bases and product documentation, built from scratch.

Live demo: https://faro.planethemes.com (there’s a Spanish demo too, linked from the menu)

I built it because docs on Ghost always hit the same wall: no nested pages and no way to set the order. Faro solves both without plugins or hacks:

  • Two levels: sections come from primary tags, subsections from internal tags (#sub-Installation).
  • Manual order: switch to Menu mode and the tree follows your secondary navigation — reorder it with drag and drop in Ghost Admin. Or leave it on Automatic and it works out of the box.
  • Docs layout: navigation tree, table of contents, breadcrumbs, and previous/next that cross sections in tree order.
  • Help center homepage with Ghost’s native search, topics with icons (30 included, painted in your accent color), popular articles and latest updates.
  • Changelog template with New / Improvement / Fix labels.
  • Members & paid docs with a clear notice, native comments, and a “Was this article helpful?” widget that sends an event to GA4.
  • Light/dark mode, English and Spanish, GScan clean on Ghost 6.

Forum launch offer: code FARO20, 20% off until December 31 → Faro — Documentation & help center Ghost theme | PlanetThemes

Feedback very welcome — especially from anyone running docs on Ghost today: what’s missing for you? I’ll be around to answer everything.