Hi! I’m looking to fork the Casper theme to use on my own website.
What’s the best practices to do this AND be able to:
- merge in changes from upstream Casper (like a new release or 4.0 Ghost (!) update)
- if I discover a bug, create a branch so I can setup a pull request
What I’m thinking:
- Fork Casper in Github
- Setup a “www” branch that I use for my deployment and dev that is a clone of master
- Update my local master to match upstream Casper/master and merge in changes to “www”
- Set my default branch as “www” in Github
- Delete all other branches after fork
How does this sound as a best practice?