Ghost admin page not loading

Installed ghost from the latest source and followed this Ghost Docs for setup.

Ghost blog page loads fine but when I try try to access the admin page ie the ‘/admin’ it doesn’t load and shows only the spinner and in the browser it shows the transition was aborted for "/ghost/api/canary/admin/site/ " and “host/api/canary/admin/users/me/?include=roles”

Could someone help me with this?

Hi there @athira. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with the install. Could you tell us your current setup and the browser you’re using? Thanks

I am using the chrome browser and exactly followed the instructions in the above link(install from source)

:point_up_2: screenshot of the output

Thanks for sharing that, this leads me to believe that Ghost isn’t installed right. Have you tried running the command ghost doctor on the server to see what the logs show?

I was trying to install ghost as a subdirectory and the ghost doctor runs fine… Will there be any issue when installed as subdirectory?

Oh I see, is there a reason for the subdirectory? There’s a discussion here on subdirectory installs that should be more help to you:

I am working on mac-os and I assume ghost-cli is for linux… rest of the page loads only the ghost admin page i am not able to set it up

The Ghost CLI works on macOS too :slight_smile:

I am running into a new issue with the above doc.

When i ran the ghost start I am getting the following error

ER_BAD_FIELD_ERROR: Unknown column ‘canonical_url’ in ‘field list’
Help: Error occurred while executing the following migration: 2-create-fixtures.js

This appears to be a duplicate of the issue reported here:

Please refrain from posting duplicates. Please continue in the linked thread :slightly_smiling_face: