cd /var/www/ghost

Run the install process
ghost install

Technical details:

• Ghost Version: 1.11.0
  • Node Version: 10.16.3
  • Browser/OS: Chrome
  • Database: MySQL

Hi there. Can you confirm that you’re able to install NGINX? It appears the problem is with NGINX and not Ghost itself. It’s recommended for Ghost installations:

NGINX is installed and running please check the steps above that I used to install ghost … I can also confirm that ghost doesnt think maria db is mysql though its installed and running

Ah I see now, you’re using Ghost-CLI which is only supported on an Ubuntu stack. You can find out more information here: GitHub - TryGhost/Ghost-CLI: CLI Tool for installing & updating Ghost

1 Like

thank you

1 Like

For future references, have you checked out CentOS’ Extended Lifecycle Support (ELS)? It provides 5 more years of security and bug fix updates for your OS. Just a heads up in case you haven’t already considered it.

Glad to see you got NGINX up and running for your Ghost install on CentOS. Sometimes things don’t always go as planned, but that’s what makes it fun, right? Regarding MariaDB, make sure you’re using the correct adapter when setting up your database connection in Ghost’s config. It can be a bit tricky, but it’s worth it in the end to have everything running smoothly. Also, just a heads up, if you’re looking for a little extra support with your CentOS setup, check out Tuxcare’s Extended Lifecycle Support https://tuxcare.com . They’ve got your back for the long haul with security updates and tech support for those older versions of CentOS that are still kickin’.