Ghost on heroku: login, newsletter, ... non-functional

Hello all,
I have a ticket here, can you please assist trouble shooting:
ticket 17670

If you’re looking for some help, it’s important to provide as much context as possible so that people are able to assist you:

• What’s your URL?
  • What version of Ghost are you using?
  • What configuration?
  • What browser?
  • What errors or information do you see in the console?
  • What steps could someone else take to reproduce the issue you’re having?

Thanks! :blush:

Welcome to the Ghost forums, @Gerrit_Leder , nice to meet you! I’m one of several folks who provides some of that great unpaid ‘community support’ available to self-hosters, so I’m glad you found us. (You don’t pay for it, and we don’t get paid.)

Github isn’t for tickets for customer support. It’s for bug reports, preferably well-validated bugs so that we don’t waste developers’ time.

Usually problems with sign-in are problems with email not being correctly configured. It’ll be helpful to post the ‘mail’ parts of your config.production.json file (minus any passwords or API keys), any error log messages related to email in Ghost, and if you’re using your local mailserver for transactional email (instead of Mailgun), any error logs your mailserver is showing. Once you find your errors, you may know what you need to do next, but if not, posting all that info here is your next step.

1 Like