Ghost renders a different (apparently random) image when previewing or publishing a story

Issue Summary

• In some cases, when I either preview or publish a story, Ghost displays a different image to the one that was uploaded in the Ghost Editor. Sometimes it will pull an image from an already-published story, other times from another draft that hasn’t even been published yet.
  • My expectation is that the image I see in the Ghost Editor is the one that I see in the Preview or published page.

Steps to Reproduce

I don’t know how to reliably reproduce this issue. I’ve raised it through Ghost Support via email, and Support has recommended that I try:

• Clearing browser cache
  • Using Incognito mode
  • Using a different browser
  • Disabling anti-virus and pop-up blockers (I don’t use either of these)

I have taken all of these steps, to no avail. Also, when the issue occurs, it’s visible to other contributors on our team (so it isn’t just an issue for me).

The impact of this problem is that we’re now having to preview every single scheduled story and manually compare images to verify that the issue isn’t happening (and if it is, we have to re-save all the images and re-upload them). It’s extremely taxing, and it’s impacting the confidence of the team, not to mention creating a huge overhead for the editors.

Setup information

Ghost Version
5.26.2 (Ghost Pro)

Node.js Version
N/A

How did you install Ghost?
N/A

Provide details of your host & operating system
N/A

Database type
N/A

Browser & OS version
Chrome version 108.0.5359.125 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Relevant log / error output
N/A

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.