Ghost start hangs, while ghost run works fine v3.9.0

Edit: I just fixed this after posting. I turned out to be an issue of my root node version being different than my users version. The fix was to just rename /usr/bin/node (as a backup) and replace it with the working version of 10.19.0 by copying it to where the /usr/bin/node version was.

I recently upgraded from v2.13.1 to v3.9. I added some required CSS to my theme and the update went fine without any errors, until trying to restart the ghost instance after the upgrade.

Now that I’m running v3.9 using the “ghost start” command hangs until it finally errors out and asks me to run journalctl. “ghost run” will start the instance just fine, it’s just that I have to keep the terminal window open for the site to run.

When running “sudo journalctl -u ghost_keepersofcraft-club -n 50” I see the following error:

const extract = async (url, params = {}) => {
^
SyntaxError: Unexpected token (
at createScript (vm.js:56:10)
at Object.runInThisContext (vm.js:97:10)
at Module._compile (module.js:542:28)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:579:10)
at Module.load (module.js:487:32)
at tryModuleLoad (module.js:446:12)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:438:3)
at Module.require (module.js:497:17)
at require (internal/module.js:20:19)
at Object. (/var/www/keepers/versions/3.9.0/node_modules/oembed-parser/index.js:6:14)

I’m not sure why it’s hanging on this async command. I’m running node v10.19.0 so async should be fully supported.

Just confused why “ghost run” would work but “ghost start” hangs on this.

Any thoughts? Thanks all