Google ads conversion tracking?

Hey I am trying to set up conversion tracking with google ads.
I need to follow the steps below:
1. Install the event snippet on the conversion page. This is the page your customers reach on your website after they’ve completed a conversion – the “Thank you for your order” page, for example.
** 1. Open the HTML for the conversion page.**
** 2. Copy the snippet below and paste it between the head tags ( <head></head> ) of the page, right after the global site tag.**

** 3. Save the changes on your web page.**
However, the issue is there is no page reached by a user on a successful sign up. So where do I put this code?
I am trying to track conversions which are newsletter sign ups in my case.

You can create a welcome page in Ghost, and then paste your tracking snippet in the code injection on that page :)

Thanks for the response, Kym!

This makes sense for general conversion tracking - but is there a way to track the conversion amount? i.e. the membership tiers are different prices as are monthly vs yearly payments.

1 Like

Each tier can have a different welcome page.

Question, if I have conversion tracking for sub purchases from running social media ads, how can I tell if the purchaser came from ads vs organic or other means because we can only have 1 thank you page for subscriptions and if I had a conversion or purchase event set up on the thank you page it would trigger for all purchases regardless of where the traffic came from wouldn’t it? It would feed pixels incorrect data because even organic would cause it to trigger. I have many traffic streams so I am trying to figure out how to get pixels to only fire if it came from that social netwok?

I am good at most things but not this. Would I need to use tag manager and tell it to only trigger based on it coming from a specific referral domain?

Did you happen to figure out this?

I did. What you need to do is use Google Tag Manager, and set up a custom tag with the conversion tracking pixel set to fire based on the referral domain.
"
There may be better ways to do this, but having it set to “Only Fire” if Referral Domain Contains or Does Not Contain (insert domain or domains).

This is what I did, but I have not found a way to separate monthly vs yearly paid members for tracking because there is only 1 thank you page for both monthly and yearly. Hope that helps.