Hacktoberfest Project: i18n for Portal, Member emails, comments-ui & SodoSearch

Hi everyone :wave:

Milestone 1 has now been completed - the Portal codebase is now part of the Ghost monorepo.

This means we’re ready to start work on Milestone 2, which is tracked over on our GitHub repo here:

Milestone 2 is the first of two phases of development work needed to implement i18n support.

So far, we’ve only had interest from people looking to do translation work - this is truly great for when we get there - however this is a community project and it’s therefore really not in the spirit of this thread to be asking for ETAs on milestone 4 when you can clearly see noone has volunteered to work on implementing the feature yet.

By all means continue to leave comments if you’re interested in translation work. You can also use the controls on the thread to watch this topic and make sure you get notified of replies.

I will share regular progress updates if and when implementation work starts :slightly_smiling_face:

If there’s no interest in doing this from the community, the Ghost team will eventually pick up the work, however it’s unlikely to be for a while. This is being offered up as a structured community project to make it possible sooner seeing as there are so many people in our community who have voted for it.

6 Likes