Having ghost blog as a sub domain of website

Hi,

I’ve been playing about with Ghost and come to the conclusion that I don’t want to migrate over because I want a forum / shop for my paid members which wix includes free.
However , I think Ghosts editorial set up is really good so I was pondering wether to have Ghost as my blog /mailer on a sub domain of my website … Is this a good idea or … not :thinking:

I think Ghost would be perfect for that use case. :grin:

1 Like

Thank you…

With Blessings from Julie.

I have a photo site and found a similar template from Aspire Themes to run my blog on a sub-domain using Ghost. I’ve found articles have ranked better since.

You may also want to check out Snipcarts API Integration with Ghost. I use it to sell some photo packages.

Hi,

Am I correct that you’re saying your website is a different provider and then you have your blog with ghost which is a sub domain of your website? Great photo btw :grinning:
Just checking I’ve understood, and yes I feel my articles will get better stats with ghost as it seems to be what they are really good at.

Looking at your site it seems your blog is journal. So I’m guessing yes. Btw I just scanned your churchill typewriter piece… lol made me think can you imagine if Boris was having to save the “ free world” not Churchill (doesn’t bear thinking about) made me chuckle.

1 Like

Yes you are correct, I’ve been using 22 Slides for the photo site since 2012. Ghost around a year now on a sub domain - journal.rajeshtaylor.com

To have everything on a domain i.e. domain/blog would be ideal but I need photo galleries.

I think BoJo is too busy with alimony payments to his 4 or 5 kids, making sure they are being paid enough to sushy sushy. Thanks for reading about the Remington typewriters!

Another resource you may find useful is Go Squared. I use them instead of Google Analytics. They have a Live Chat feature similar to Intercom, which you can install on any specific page(s). Also Forms, which is a lead capture form. It’s relatively simple, copy and paste code into Admin panel’s ‘code injection’ etc. They have a free option without bells and whistles too.

Thanks for that. Will probably go this route then.

I’m very impressed with your articles, not often people write anything thought through these days (bit of a generalisation I’m sure :))…Yes I’d heard of Churchill’s typewriters , just made me laugh at the thought of Boris in a “war room”. Heaven forbid.

Thanks for your comments… no idea what I’m doing with Ghost, but I feel it will be worth the complication if I persevere …

1 Like

Thanks so much @Jul, I’ve found Ghost far easier to work with and maintain than say Wordpress. Their support is good too, always been helpful when I’ve emailed with queries.

I’d rather Boris be safely left in a playroom than a war room :slight_smile:

If you’re finding you may need to make many changes to the default Casper theme, its worth browsing through @ahmadajmi Ghost portfolio of themes. He has a very good range for use cases.

Let me know how you get along, I’m interested how you will use Ghost and what your site will be about :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for that. I’ll see how I get on. :unicorn: