Headline Theme Bug

Issue Summary
On the demo of the Headline Theme, on mobile at the bottom the text goes off screen on both sides. I expect this to be mobile friendly.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Go to Headline Theme demo.
  2. Scroll to the bottom where it says ‘Subscribe to Headline’, and look at the sentence right under that.

ATT: screenshot attached.

1 Like

I’m having that same problem. I do follow another site that it looks correct though…So I am confused why we are having the issue but they are not.

Yeah I think those people have likely fixed it themselves. The bug is even showing on Headline’s own demo on Ghost website, so it’s not an issue on your end or my end, it’s the Ghost theme.

| Nathan_Saunders
January 4 |

• | - |

I’m having that same problem. I do follow another site that it looks correct though…So I am confused why we are having the issue but they are not.

1 Like

The sites where it looks fine haven’t updated to the latest Headline theme. You can tell it’s the old version because the subscribe button on the header on the old theme is much smaller and there is no sign in link.

There are at least 5 bugs raised with the new Headline theme on GitHub.

I wish I could develop and attempt to resolve them myself but I’m clueless.

1 Like

Thanks Leepish, that’s a good spot - didn’t know they were still on the old version.

I’m confident this will be resolved in the next update as we are not the only ones who will be having this same issue.

Fingers crossed!

| Leepish
January 5 |

• | - |

The sites where it looks fine haven’t updated to the latest Headline theme. You can tell it’s the old version because the subscribe button on the header on the old theme is much smaller and there is no sign in link.

There are at least 5 bugs raised with the new Headline theme on GitHub.

I wish I could develop and attempt to resolve them myself but I’m clueless.

1 Like

Thanks for flagging this issue. It’s being investigated and a fix will be added to the Headline theme.

It looks like you can fix the overflow issue by adding the following to Code InjectionSite Header:

<style>
    .gh-foot {
        white-space: normal;
     }
</style>
1 Like

Thank you, Ryan - much appreciated.

| RyanF Staff
January 5 |

• | - |

Thanks for flagging this issue. It’s being investigated and a fix will be added to the Headline theme.

It looks like you can fix the overflow issue by adding the following to Code InjectionSite Header:

<style>
    .gh-foot {
        white-space: normal;
     }
</style>

1 Like

Thanks @RyanF this works a treat :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.