How do I disable 'previous article' and 'next article' in the Journal theme?

I want to disable previous article and next article in certain posts, how can I do so? Like it won’t show even if I inspect the page.

I thought of opacity and other functions, but the point is, while I do inspect element, it is on the page. I want something such that it won’t be available in the page.

To completely remove the “Previous issue” and “Next issue” feature, you’ll need to remove these lines of code from your theme. They’re in the post.hbs file.

{{#is "post"}}
            <footer class="gh-article-footer gh-canvas">
                <nav class="gh-navigation">
                    <div class="gh-navigation-previous">
                        {{#prev_post}}
                            <a class="gh-navigation-link" href="{{url}}">
                                <span class="gh-navigation-label">{{> icons/arrow-left}} Previous issue</span>
                                <h4 class="gh-navigation-title">{{title}}</h4>
                            </a>
                        {{/prev_post}}
                    </div>

<div class="gh-navigation-middle"></div>

<div class="gh-navigation-next">
                        {{#next_post}}
                            <a class="gh-navigation-link" href="{{url}}">
                                <span class="gh-navigation-label">Next issue {{> icons/arrow-right}}</span>
                                <h4 class="gh-navigation-title">{{title}}</h4>
                            </a>
                        {{/next_post}}
                    </div>
                </nav>
            </footer>
        {{/is}}
1 Like

but this will remove it from all the pages, I just want to remove it from some posts only.

You can use the {{#has}} helper in combination with an internal tag you set on the post to only show the pagination where desired.

{{#has tag="#pagination"}}

1 Like

Is there any better ways to do it? This becomes a bit unreasonable when you have thousands of posts.

How are you deciding which posts to include it on and which not? You’ll need some way to determine which posts get it and which do not. Is it 1000s of posts that you want to show it on and 1000s of posts where you want to hide it?