How do I remove "sign in" on the homepage in the top right section of Journal theme?

Would appreciate any suggestions!

1 Like

If you don’t want sign ins at all, go into Settings > Membership and turn off the option within Portal. (That’ll cause most well behaved themes not to show sign-in and membership buttons.) If you want sign-ins but don’t want that button to show up, please link the site - there’s almost certainly a code injection solution to hide it.

Thanks, Cathy. I’d like to remove the “sign-in” button from the top right section only. I still want readers to be able to sign-in from the comments section on individual posts.

I’m using the Journal theme: Journal

I’d try this in code injection:

<style>
.gh-head-members { display: none!important }
</style>

Or to get just the sign in (not the button next to it):

a.gh-head-link.gh-portal-close[data-portal="signin"] {
display: none!important;
}

Thanks again, Cathy! The second one (removing just the sign in button) resolved it. Thank you!

1 Like

Hello,
I’d also like to remove the “Sign-in” button from the top right section only. I still want readers to be able to sign in for Newsletter from other sections.

I’m using the Edition theme: Edition
I tried different combinations of this code snippet, but the solution doesn’t work for me, or I’m doing something wrong.

Would appreciate any help!

I’m guessing that I need to do some changes in code injection cause of the different theme. But I don’t have a clue how to do it…

This code paste in Code injection → Footer

<script>
        // Check that we're on homepage.
        if (window.location.pathname === '/') {
            // Find elements to delete
            var signInLink = document.querySelector('a[data-portal="signin"]');
            // remove it if exists
            if (signInLink) {
                signInLink.parentNode.removeChild(signInLink);
            }
        }
    </script>