How do I remove the gray box in featured carousel of the Alto theme?

Hi folks,

I recently switched to Alto since it includes a featured carousel at the top of the homepage, but then I realized that without a featured image in a given post, the carousel instead shows a gray box. Ex:

I’m looking to feature posts by title only. This works organically with my related posts feature since my posts don’t include featured images. (I can’t embed an example of this here since I’m a new user and can only embed one piece of media per post.)

How do I remove the gray box(es) in the featured carousel of Alto so only the titles are displayed? Not sure if I’m missing something obvious or I need to put in some code somewhere. I’m capable of basic coding, but don’t know much beyond that.

Thanks!

Try this in code injection:

<style>
.u-placeholder {
    background-color: none!important;
}

Alternatively, you could remove the box that should hold an image:

.carousel .post-media {
  display: none;
}

Here’s a tutorial I wrote about how to figure this stuff out.

Hi Cathy,

This worked great, thank you! It left a large chunk of white space behind, but thanks to your 101 guide, I was able to locate and fix that problem, too.

1 Like

Huzzah! Glad to help! :slight_smile:
p.s. Kindly mark the problem solved if it is. And you might post the actual code injection you used, in case someone else wants to accomplish the same thing! :)

Whoops! Knew I forgot something. And here’s the complete code injection I used.

<style>
 .carousel .post-media {
  display: none;
}
    .featured-posts {
    margin-bottom: 48px;
    margin-top: 64px;
    min-height: 40px;
}
</style>
1 Like