How install two Ghost blogs on one server?

I have server with 32 GB RAM. I want to install two Ghost blogs on one server. How to make it?

You don’t need that much RAM to run 2 ghost instances - for a normal site you should estimate 150 MB per instance. To install you just need to follow the install docs and change the folder (i.e. /var/www/ghost2 instead of /var/www/ghost) for the second install. Every folder is a self-contained ghost intance. If you’re hosting both blogs under the same domain (i.e my.blog/1 and my.blog/2) you will need to make some modifications to the nginx config

There are a lot of ways to approach this

1. (what vikaspotluri123 said) to install into their own respective folders under /var/www/

Here are the other ones I can think of for now…
2. Docker containers (one container per Ghost Blog)

Also, if you DON’T want to use a subdomain for each blog, and want a subdirectory for each, use Nginx.
You can do separate domains too if you want.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Yeah totally agree, I think 32 GB of RAM is completely overkill. I think docker is your best bet for setting up multiple blog containers and keeping the environment clean. I wrote a tutorial on this that you can follow for more information that might help:

2 Likes

You can follow the same procedure here twice (not creating the user and stuff like that )

https://elkepon.com/how-to-install-ghost-blogging-platform/

just create a different folder name :slight_smile:

And you don’t need that much space, unless you are going to create a SUPER Blog jajaja, in which case you can resize later ;)

1 Like

With that much RAM you could install a Plex server with transcoding enabled!

Regarding any of the above methods described, is there a way to share the same admin console. Such as login accounts/authentication, and choose which blog to publish to?

Better safe than sorry. I only have 1 GB of ram and I’m already at 60% with only ghost running! Any idea where the other usage is coming from? Just Nginx and Ubuntu, etc.?

Monitor says 20% coming from “MySQLD” and 10% from “Node”, rest is negligible.

With an external DB linked to all your data

10% of 1GB is ~ 110 MB :stuck_out_tongue:

But yes, the system process require some ram (I don’t know exactly how much, but maybe 200 to 300 MB), and MySQL, nginx and Ghost will eat up around the same amount because of caching and making queries more efficient

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.