How to add Recipe Schema Markup to your Ghost blog

I created a How To post for how (and why) to add recipe schema markups to recipes that you publish on your Ghost blog:

6 Likes

Hi Mark,

I’m using https://www.recipesgenerator.com/ which is very user friendly, albeit for a fee. I’m not associated with this tool in any way, but spent ages looking for a solution.

Might be useful to include in the article?

1 Like

I haven’t tried it and don’t want to add a dependency on a commercial product. You are welcome to blog about it yourself.

And I think formatting a recipe should be a one time charge, not a subscription fee!

You might insert the Recipe Schema Markup within the HTML of your blog post. Here’s an example of what the markup might look like for a ‘Recipe Instant Pot’:

Including Recipe Schema Markup like this can provide structured data about your instant pot recipe to search engines, which can improve the visibility of your recipe in search results and enhance the user experience.

Now that Ghost has added a Duplicate Post feature, it might be possible to create a template post that uses HTML to mark the various recipe parts with hidden ids.

It could also include some JavaScript which parses the recipe and injects the recipe schema code. If this approach works, there would be no extra steps. Just duplicate the template post, fill out the recipe and you are done.

1 Like