How to enable comments in Ghost blogs in 2020?

Try this

Commento is really great open sourceā€¦ But it doesnā€™t integrate with Ghost membersā€¦ which means it requires two separate sign in. I really really looking forward to see someone could actually integrate this.

The hosting pricing is pretty outrageous for small sites - at $100/mo minimum, itā€™s clearly intended for larger sites with a lot of revenue. It looks like you can self-host on 1GB RAM, and DigitalOcean has a one-click install (havenā€™t triedit), but their bottom tier is $5/mo and looks like it provides the necessary requirements. Not sure how difficult it is to integrate with your Ghost instance if theyā€™re running on different VMs.

Iā€™ll toss in another recommendation for Hyvor Talk. Itā€™s $5/mo, but Iā€™ve seen engagement go up over when I was using Disqus. It allows for anonymous posting (which can be disabled), has moderation capabilities, and was as easy to integrate as Disqus. Spending a few bucks is worth it (to me) for the increase in privacy over other free options, plus it has a lower barrier to user engagement.

Hi Dan, Would you consider removing Cove link or branding from the comment software? You have a good product. However, it is more expensive than the others like Hyvor Talk (which is also a great product). The main plus is the single login. Hyver talks UX imo is better. Donā€™t misunderstand me, I like your product. However, if I am going to pay a premium then I shouldnā€™t have to also advertise the brand on my website. If I am going to advertise the brand, then itā€™s $5 a month for Hyvor for Unlimited websites and $25 a month for Cove. As a one-mand band startup, the pennies add up. Please think about it.

I was thinking about getting your Pro Plan, but the link is the thing that stopped me from purchasing it. Thanks.

Hi Ryan. I havenā€™t considered removing it, as itā€™s really helpful for new people to find out about Cove, become customers and strengthen/solidify the product. Hyvor is a great option; it just depends on how tied to Ghost memberships you want your commenting and commenters to be.

It would be nice to be able to run a self-hosted instance. :upside_down_face: