I need to fork to use dropdown menu on 992px viewport?

I see that burger is automatically triggered when viewport is on 768px.

I changed the CSS files in order to use the burger menu within 992px but I don´t know where to look for change the whole menu and not only their CSS variables.

Can you give me a point? We need to fork Ghost for translate it so we can modify the menu too.

UPDATE: I get it searching nav not burger (my bad): https://github.com/TryGhost/Themes/blob/5f5f0d4a010e502bcb731f7ec7b04e2fea24d931/packages/_shared/assets/js/v2/lib/dropdown.js

const mediaQuery = window.matchMedia('(max-width: 767px)');

Now, I need to fork TryGhost/Themes in order to edit that single line or there is a better approach?

We know we need to maintain our own fork, no problem with that. We chose open-source and self-hosting because our philosophy.

The burger menu is going to be theme-dependent. I’d expect it to be within the theme’s files. navigation.hbs is a good first guess, located in the /partials folder.

Most themes pull the text they display from Settings > Navigation. If you have just regular navigation text you want to change, you probably don’t need to edit the code to do that, and certainly don’t need to fork all of Ghost - you might just need to edit the theme files.

(You would need to fork to translate transactional email and some other membership features - located within Portal. But you could actually fork JUST Portal for that, and just change where it loads from. If you need to adjust the newsletter wording, that’s going to be within the core, not within the theme.)

Thanks for your reply and sorry but I just can´t find anything related to make burger menu usable within 992px (and not 678px like default) searching navigation.hbs on Ghost Github.

Tried the same search with Casper and Headline too (our base theme). I suspect it is coded on Javascript but I’m asking where to search because I don´t know where to start :slight_smile:

OT: we want to translate e-mails so definitely we need to fork the core.

UPDATE: I get it searching nav not burger (my bad): https://github.com/TryGhost/Themes/blob/5f5f0d4a010e502bcb731f7ec7b04e2fea24d931/packages/_shared/assets/js/v2/lib/dropdown.js

const mediaQuery = window.matchMedia('(max-width: 767px)');

Now, I need to fork TryGhost/Themes in order to edit that single line or there is a better approach?