I want to add Algolia search to my website, can someone help me.?

I am not a developer and I do not know how to set up Algolia search for my website. My website is https://androidwedakarayo.com and I am using @GodoFredoNinja Simply master in my website. There is a search option. But I need to integrate Algolia into it. Please help me, I do not have such developing knowledge. I checked algolia/packages/algolia at main · TryGhost/algolia (github.com) but I cannot understand how to do it.

@truekasun helped me to integrate Algolia.

Thank you @truekasun and appreciate it. If you would like to have Algolia search on your blog, please contact him.

1 Like

Can you share the simple guidelines?

The directions here are pretty good. Did you try them? Where are you stuck?

(The Netlify one-click is amazeballs if you need exactly what it does.)

I’ve done two Algolia/Netlify deploys recently, so if you’re stuck, please post and I’ll try to help!

1 Like

Oh, thanks! I read your post after send my message (!) but I stil wonder if we can use Algolia without adding third party service.

Of course I will look into Netlify but we chose to host instead to use in cloud by philosophy, so I will appreciate if you can share some links or directions to follow up that way :slight_smile:

You’re saying you want to host your own instead of run on Netlify? No reason you couldn’t do that, although I wouldn’t. [You probably fit in the free Netlify tier, and one click deploy is going to save you a LOT of time.] But if I wanted to host my own, I’d start from the @tryghost/algolia-netlify package - you’d need to stand up a Node server that’d listen to webhooks from Ghost and then push that new content over to Algolia.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’m doing that way.

How can I use the Algolia console? Can I just connect to the API from bash? I’m searching but I will appreciate your suggestions for beginners.

Yep, it’s my first time connecting with API :)

Did you try these directions? algolia/packages/algolia at main · TryGhost/algolia · GitHub

1 Like

Yes, I’ve installed the CLI into the ghost folder but I want to include on search paywalled content like you shared on your blogpost (thanks for that!).

And I didn’t found the Algolia console before starting the first batch process. Is that OK?

I’m not sure what you mean by “found the Algolia console” ?

Do you want to push your previous posts to algolia?

Sorry I get confused over same topic threads:

I will continue there, please split and move if moderation needs.