Initialising a discourse forum on a Ghost Blog

Hi,
I’m still trying to get my head around how the authorisation (access) to discourse works in a case where discourse is being used a comment provider for a Ghost blog.

I have recently set up a ghost blog (see example https://eqmind.com.au/ ) with a supporting discourse instance ( same URL with the leading word discourse. ).

The have created both a category (Data Wrangling) and a group (datadevops) with permissions create, write, see. The everyone group has the permission see and reply. I have associated the group with the data wrangling category. I have read the article on open and closed groups here: Invite only/closed groups,

When I’m logged into my discourse instance, and view the blog post, I can see the “Start Discussion” link. When I’m not logged into the discourse instance, I do not see any discourse-related links. Would that be due to no entries for that particular topic? Do I need to create the first topic entry in order for a discourse discussion link to be visible in the ghost blog post?

The use-case is typical. I would like to use the blog as a means for folks to access discourse, place a registration request, I approve it, then they can post against a topic which is then visible on the blog.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I would love to do this in the future. I’ll follow what the conclusion here.

I see on your blog that you managed to show start discussion link permanently. How did you do that?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.