Integrating two Ghost sites + membership

Love the idea of this!

As there is no out-of-the-box solution, implementing it might require a bit of manual work though.

Let’s break this down:

The key challenge here is keeping the memberships in sync across both domains. Here’s a potential game plan:

1. When a new member signs up on your main domain, it triggers an action. This could be handled with the “Member Created” trigger on Zapier, or a “member.added” event for a custom webhook.
  2. The next step is to check if this new member has joined the correct membership tier.
  3. If they have, create the same member profile on your subdomain. This could be done using the “Create Member” action on Zapier or by sending a POST request to /ghost/api/admin/members/.

Now, a few important considerations:

• Member management is a two-way street. If a member unsubscribes or cancels their membership on one site, you’d need to ensure they’re removed from the other one too.
  • User profile settings would be independent on both sites. This might be a bit confusing for some users, so it’s something to keep in mind.
  • Automatic login for a member across both sites isn’t straightforward, unless you’re willing to delve deep and modify the Ghost core. However, I’d advise against that and recommend exploring alternative solutions.
  • A word of caution - the Ghost members API isn’t officially documented and could change unexpectedly. The information I have is from this post and this blog article.

I hope this helps. Let me know if anything is unclear!