Is it possible to have feature images as image links?

Is it possible to have feature images as image links?
This would be useful because I want to have multiple images on the features page (using Edge theme) linking to the same post.

The Edge theme displays a grid of feature images on the home page that each link to their respective post. It’s basically a visual way to represent a list of posts.

Not sure I fully understand your use case - but if you wanted a homepage with multiple images, where some link to the same post URL, then that would require creating a custom homepage with static images and links.

Thanks Kym,

Yeah I like the grid style, but would like to have some of these feature images link to the same post. I am setting up the site not really as a blog but more as a portfolio type of website and some posts will feature large projects which have many multiple types of images, so it’s just a way of showcasing work in an interesting way.

I have a workaround that I’m using a snippet of the same post content which I am repeating in each of the Post “duplicates” so it all looks like it links to the same page,
But the problem with this is if I update the main post with new work, then I have to update the duplicate posts too.

One great feature which could be useful here (and for other situations) is if whole posts or content could be dynamically linked as a snippet, then if you updated the original source of the snippet it also updates the copies. But maybe that’s difficult to implement. :)

would like to have some of these feature images link to the same post

I see. This isn’t the way posts are designed to work — Ghost is built for publishing.

Ghost themes are very flexible, though. So you definitely could create something custom if you wanted, but this would require building a static home page in your theme. I can’t think of a more obvious way than that :thinking:

That’s true, Ghost is flexible :)

I am creating custom pages and I already have a custom home page with a different usage as I prefer having a more simple single image for that.

But the main thing about the Edge theme is the grid view and it’s nice, just a shame that it’s not a bit more customisable without advanced coding skills (including changing how the grid behaves, numbers of columns etc). But with the workaround I am finding it works ok for what I’m doing.