✨ Koenig Editor - Beta Release

@PaszaVonPomiot which version of Ghost are you using? Some of those issues were resolved in earlier versions, latest version is 1.25.3. Also, which browser are you using?

@Kevin I’m using 1.25.2 and Firefox and Comodo Dragon and delete button actually works but very unconsistently, sometimes it works, sometimes it won’t.
I updated now to 1.25.3 (again with struggle of 1.25.0 -> 1.25.2 failed · Issue #766 · TryGhost/Ghost-CLI · GitHub) and I can see the same behaviour.

There’s another thing that just poped - how do I make gif’s play in loop?

Is there a way to create a nested list or to indent an item one step down/up? Word would use tab, shift-tab to do that.

Similarly, I can’t seem to create a list in a quoted section.

Does it make sense to allow ctrl/cmd-click on a link to open the link in a new browser tab/window? Similar to how Word and other editors handle this?

Similarly, I can’t seem to create a list in a quoted section.

Nested lists and lists nested inside other blocks is not supported at the moment. It’s currently a limitation of the mobiledoc format but something that we’d like to support in the future, it was just too big of a project to fit in alongside building the editor.

If you move the mouse over a link a toolbar is displayed containing the URL with the option to edit the URL or remove the link. Clicking that URL will open the link in a new tab/window.

Sorry, I didn’t realise that the duplicate image on drop fix hadn’t been released yet. 1.25.4 should be released today with a fix for that and a complete overhaul of how captions work that will hopefully also resolve the delete/backspace issue with cards although I haven’t been able to replicate bug that to check so far.

1 Like

Ahhh, hover+click works when no text is selected. I’d still love ctrl-click though ;).

Too bad the nested lists and lists under quotes are not supported in MobileDoc. My workaround is to switch to Markdown for a bit, but it would be nice if this would become possible.

Another thing I’d love is to be able to continue counters, I sometimes want to put an image in my numbered lists and that’s not really possible either at the moment.

Ghost 1.25.4 has been released with the following improvements/fixes:

• :sparkles: Captions now support rich-text with all the same inline formatting options as the main Koenig editor such as keyboard shortcuts and markdown text expansions
  • :sparkles: URLs pasted on blank lines are auto-converted to embed cards if they have a matching oembed provider (hold Shift when pasting to skip the embed conversion)
  • :sparkles: Added /image {image url} slash menu shortcut for quicker image card creation when using an external source
  • :bug: Fixed duplicate images being created when dropping an image file on an image card
  • :bug: Fixed cards being lost on copy/paste if they immediately followed a list
  • :bug: Fixed a crash when dropping an image onto the editor before it had gained focus
1 Like

If you had used the MD syntax to add alt text to an image before that point you would need to re-save the post so that it gets re-rendered for display on the front-end.

@Kevin I’ve tried it, but I don’t see alt rendered in the front-end. I tried inspecting the images in KG but I’m not seeing any alt in there either. Could it be that it got lost somewhere along the way and republishing won’t fix it?

That’s the best workaround for now. I’m with you, I really want to see nested lists supported too! We’ll get there :smile:

Oh, that does sound like the alt text has been lost somehow :disappointed: Only workaround for that at the moment is to delete the image card and re-create it using the ![your alt text](/relative/path/to/image.png) expansion.

Footnotes are supported with a single Markdown card, but not across Markdown cards.

I would love to see support for cross Markdown card footnotes so that footnotes can be listed at the bottom of the content in a mixed card post. This is currently impossible when combining a Markdown card (to enter the footnote reference), regular text and/or Image cards.

Upvoted Footnote support in editor

1 Like

So I’ve found out how the alt text is getting lost:

From my draft I paste an image reference like ![Some image](). At that stage, I don’t have an image yet, so the URL is empty. When I paste that to KG and upload the image, the alt is gone. What’s inconvenient, that I first need to save the post, for the image to get uploaded, then I need to grab its URL from the source, then I need to remove it and re-add it setting the URL.

1 Like

From my draft I paste an image reference like ![Some image]() … When I paste that to KG and upload the image, the alt is gone

Thanks for digging into that. We are indeed missing the alt handling in our HTML parsing step, I’ll update them so that alt and title attributes don’t get lost.

This is a larger task than it might seem at first. Each markdown card is rendered with it’s own markdown-it instance and has no references to the overall mobiledoc/Koenig renderer or other markdown cards so there’s no way to co-ordinate footnotes across cards. There would need be some form of architecture put in place for handling footnotes within a mobiledoc renderer instance that can be hooked into from disparate renderers used within cards.

TL;DR; don’t expect support any time soon, sorry.

I I pase url of vimeo video to get embeded content:

https://vimeo.com/244941450

but get this error
There was an error when parsing the URL.

this looks like unresolved issue.

@diomed thanks for the report! Vimeo is indeed not working due to a bug in the oembed parser library we’re using that also affects Hulu and some other smaller providers. Patches are already submitted and should be included in the next release :smile:

1 Like

How to set code card language in Ghost Editor?

@zce you can’t at the moment, you’ll need to use a markdown block for now if you want to set language on code blocks

Koenig is now out of beta and was released as Ghost 2.0’s editor, thank you for the feedback everyone!

Closing this topic as it’s served it’s purpose. Open a new topic for any editor related questions :smile: