Making ghost images easier

Hi there,

I am recently starting to use ghost CMS and working my way through the documentation.

I am however perplexed as to how I resize images.

Is there a way to do this without doing it globally?

I saw this article here

I couldnt see clearly how to change the images without messing with my theme.

I am using ghost pro account with the Alto theme.

Can you say more about what you mean by resizing images?

2 Likes

Hi Ryan, thank you for writing. Yes I am embedding images by / (backslash) method and the image is far to large on my posts .

I was wondering if there’s a way to reduce the image dimensions individually for each image.

Or perhaps I can modify the post template and place holders.

When I ad an image it takes up a lot of screen real estate on my posts

I learned to accept, “images are big”, and embrace the design. I’m fine with it.

1 Like

I love the image sizes too for the preview image on the feed but I cant get the images to fit better.

Perhaps I need to adjust my image resolution/dimensions?

I would think there would be a way to adjust this with the content builder/GUI

—Edit—

So I have resized the image to a smaller resolution and dimensions.

It still looks exactly the same…

The way images are behaving is intentional and likely desired. Basically, the image will be scaled up to fill the space. This ensures that images are the same size and aspect ratio (even when the original is not). Remember, too, that the images need to work on a variety of screen sizes.

The way to work with the design here is to use images that can be cropped elegantly and/or including more whitespace around the subject.

1 Like

I agree, although I thought that there would be a way to scale them down as for some reason they are absolutly massive on my ghost account.

i saw this article How to resize images on Ghost

But cannot get it to work on my version.

Are there any developers that could assist (obviously I will reimburse for time spent)

I think I may have worked out how to do it and it has worked with one image…

So i scaled down the pixel dimensions (not in %) and it seems to be working now.

Just throught I could scale it down with some code injection or markdown somehow once its embedded into the blog posts.

There is a huge need of a media library, just like wordpress.

1 Like