Members Signup with "Allow free member signup" disabled, not sending emails

Problem Statement:
If “Allow free member signup” is enabled, when I hit subscribe button with new email address, sends an email with "Complete your sign up " subject. so far so good!

But in case “Allow free member signup” is disabled, when I hit subscribe button with new email address, mail is not being sent. I do get a success message saying " Great! Check your inbox and click the link to confirm your subscription" I have tried different email domains with no luck.

Configuration:
Enable members - Enabled
Connect to Stripe - I have my Stripe API and secret key enabled.
Allow free member signup - Disabled
Email Configuration - Custom SMTP server

Is there anything I am missing here?

Thanks for the help!

This is expected, when “Allow free member signup” is disabled - members are not able to signup with just their email address, they need to go through the Stripe Checkout flow.

What is it you’re trying to achieve by switching “Allow free member signup” off?

1 Like

Oh ok I get it now. In that case, Instead of " Great! Check your inbox and click the link to confirm your subscription" message, the control should be transferred to the membership plan page?

FYI, I am using Lyra theme. I should be doing any customization there for this navigation?

If you don’t want to allow free member signup, I would completely remove that form, and replace it with a link to your membership plan page, or with a link directly to the Stripe Checkout.

With allow free member signup disabled, that form will do nothing for new members.

Lyra is designed to allow free members, so you’ll probably want to do some customisation for your use-case :slight_smile:

1 Like

hah!! that was so naive of me. I did manage to comment out that part of the code. works well now!

and thank you very much for the pointers.

2 Likes