Migration from Wordpress to Ghost hosted by Digital Ocean Droplet fails

Hi folks,

I’m trying to migrate from WordPress to Ghost (3.35.3, MySQL DB, NGINX), which is installed on a Digital Ocean Droplet.

The site is running at https://schadler-solutions.com

The exported WordPress ZIP Archive is about 84MB and the stand-alone JSON File is about 1.9MB, but when I try to import them both fail.

The front-end error says the following message but also fails without any specific message at all.

Import failed

Import failed due to an unknown error. Check the Web Inspector console and network tabs for errors.

On the server-side the log contains this:

Debug Information:
    Node Version: v12.18.0
    Ghost-CLI Version: 1.14.1
    Environment: production
    Command: 'ghost log -f'
An error occurred.

Stack: TypeError: Cannot read property 'join' of undefined
    at /usr/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/lib/commands/log.js:34:88
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:97:5)
    at async Function._run (/usr/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/lib/command.js:183:13)

Are there any settings that I am missing? I already increased the max file size (on NGINX) in order to upload the 84MB export file.

Hey @DonkeyKongJr :wave:

The reason your serve log failed is because of a bug. However, the error should say You have excluded file logging in your ghost config. You need to add it to your transport config to use this command

Which means you’re missing something like this from your config:

"logging": {
  "transports": ["file"]
}

What errors do your web inspector console show?

I’m now writing my own script to move holographica.space to ghost, I will probably write a blog post when I finish. I’ll share the c# source code on bitbucket

A new version of Ghost CLI (v1.15.0) was released which fixed the referenced bug