One off payments in Ghost

Is there a way of only charging a one off payment for a subscription rather than a recurring? I have a couple of people that just want to pick it up for a month or a year, and I’d rather make it easy for them to do rather than cancel the sub.

1 Like

Our beta members feature is designed for the recurring revenue business model, which allows you to generate sustainable revenue from a loyal audience.

You can give your members the ability to manage their own subscription from an account page in your theme, so they can cancel their own subscription at their own discretion — read more.

Yes, the existing membership feature with the new tiers is great. It would also be good to have a one-off payment system (similar to donation). So if a reader liked my FREE article, they can donate something as a token of appreciation.
Right now, I am using ‘Buy Me A Coffee’ on my website (umang.io) and it seems to work fine. But they take 5% off which further reduces the overall income we can generate.
If Ghost implements that feature, it would be a great value addition for bloggers who do not want to show ads and are targeting to generate income only from donations/memberships.
Thank you.

4 Likes