OpenAI: How did they do it?

OpenAI seems like the best org to harness the power of Ghost themes. I was analyzing their website and was wondering what API/Feature/Code I should use to create a similar effect.

Note: I know how to make and develop a ghost theme. I am purely asking on the CMS side on ghost. That means, what would be the best way to achieve the following by maximizing the usage of built-in features in ghost.

1. Interactive graph and timelines

By default, ghost’s pages are similar to how ‘posts’ work. I am given an editor to write some story, but not so much else. However on this “page,” you can see that they created an interactive graph and timeline. I know that this can be done by embedding JS graphing libraries and timelines. I am questioning the CMS side on Ghost. Do you think OpenAI just made an HTML block for the graph & timeline? (i.e., if OpenAI needs to add a similar page like this, would they be able to create it by only using ghost’s admin, or would they need to open up code editor to modify their theme?)

1. Call-to-action buttons under the title

Under the title & desc, there are three buttons available. If I want to mimic this, where should these links & button title should go? (i.e. where would be the best place to enter this metadata on ghost?)

1. Interactive blocks

Clicking the button switches the data (you can think of the All-Missed slider on the iPhone call app.) Is the only way to replicate this is to create an HTML block?

1. Footnotes

I know markdown supports footnotes, but they are extremely painful to use since I have to manually create a markdown block and type the footnote every time I want to create them. Is there any easier way to make a footnote? Hope it works natively [[something like this]] to automatically create footnotes, just like automatically creates codeblocks.

If you view the page source on their posts you can see they use markdown cards for their posts:

Markdown allows for HTML to be interspersed at any point which is what it looks like they are doing. The same could be achieved with HTML cards instead.

What a single markdown card does allow for compared to separate HTML cards is consistent footnotes. Outside of a markdown card footnotes need to be created manually using superscript and links.