Paid publications - How do you design your custom homepage?

I know the technicals of adding a custom homepage. I was just wondering how are you all designing the html and css of the landing page? (See The Browser )

Do you manually code it yourself or you export landing page code from webflow, unicorn platform,carrd, elementor etc?

Web designers - What is the quickest way to create a decent looking landing page/homepage on Ghost?

You can design in Webflow, export the code, then use the adapter product by Udesly.com to export that into your theme.

I myself use Slides by Designmodo.com, which creates a very slick interface. Then I use Firepress.org, which allows having your blog on subfolder (without worrying about putting code in template and programming routes.yaml)

2 Likes

Thankyou for designmodo suggestion. I’m trying Unicorn platform landing page builder and then trying to export it.

Any issues you faced while exporting the code from designmodo and importing it in Ghost?

So far, I have not had to export it into Ghost, since I am using a hybrid setup with domain.com with a traditional host, and Domain Blog | Domain, Website, and Ecommerce Tips for Small Businesses run via Ghost managed hosting.

Since an HBS file can accommodate HTML, and the template folder can have CSS and JS…I’m no coder, but I think it should work…maybe with some adaptation.

Don’t know Unicorn, but I know when exporting from Carrd, you have to find a backend for the forms (I use Formspree).

Hi @josephkman can you pls point to some tutorial how to achieve this? Total noob here. I have a blog on subdomain, and a landing page on domain. Built something with Webflow now trying to figure out how to plug this to main domain with forms enabled.

Hi, Formspree provides the code you need, you just need to create a corm and then grab the code…they have very good customer service, that will practically do it for you.

If you have ghost on subdomain, then you can point your domain to Webflow. If you use Webflow, you have no need for Formspree, since Webflow, comes with its own form service.

I like Designmodo’s Slides product…because it makes for distinctive landing pages, that are more like presentations…but so many tools